Apply & Registered For Free. Our Membership Fees Are The Lowest Of All The Alliances.
These Standards are requirements to become a Registered Yoga School (RYS) that offers a 300-hour therapy yoga program.
History of Yoga Therapy (20 hours)
Principles of Yoga Therapy (40 hours)
Advance and Applied Anatomy and Physiology For Therapeutic Yoga (40 hours)
Yoga Therapy Methodology (30 hours)
Yoga Therapy: Trauma, Mental Health and Specialty Populations (50 hours)
Working With Other Health Professionals (40 hours)
Philosophy & Lifestyle (20 hours)
The Business of Yoga Therapy (10 hours):
50 class or sessions done/taught outside post training
Contact 0 Hrs Non Contact 50 Hrs Min Hours With Leads 0 Hrs Total 50 Hrs
Total Contact Hrs: 250 hrs
Total Non Contact Hrs: 50 hrs
Min Total Hours With Leads: 250 hrs
Total Hrs: 300 hrs
Online Yoga Therapy Program Requirements
- The entire hours of this program can be done online (i.e. non contact hours). To be allowed to certify as an online school for this program:
- Schools must meet the overall hour requirements as the in person program requirements above.
- Students need to be tested both in theory (e.g. yoga philosophy, etc) and practice (e.g. the ability to teach class) to demonstrate that they have gained the same level of knowledge and skill that would be obtained if they had taken the program in person, thus schools need to show in their syllabus how they will evaluate theory (e.g. yoga philosophy, etc) and practice (e.g. the ability to teach class) via exams or other form of evaluation.
- All therapy programs requires a trainer with a ERYT 200 and ERYT Therapy
- Maximum of 2 trainers per program per location.