Apply & Registered For Free. Our Membership Fees Are The Lowest Of All The Alliances.
These Standards are requirements to become a Registered Yoga School (RYS) that offers a 500-hour program.
Techniques, Training and Practice
Boat/Bridge/Cat-Cow/Chair/Child/Cobra/Corpse/Dolphin/Downward Facing Dog/Eagle/Fish/Happy Baby/Mountain Pose/Plank Pose/Seated Forward Bend/Side Plank Pose/Sphinx Pose/Tree Pose/Triangle Pose/Upward-Facing Dog Pose/Warrior I/Warrior II/ Warrior III + Low Plank/Puppy Pose/Lotus Pose/Twisted High Lunge/Half Moon Pose/Revolved Half Moon/Warrior 3/Hand-to-Big-Toe Pose
Dancer/Side Plank/Crow Pose/Crane/Wild Thing/Camel Pose/Bow Pose/Wheel Pose/Shoulderstand/Plow Pose/Fish Pose
2 beginners and 3 advance pranyamas your choice
Chanting & Mantra
2 beginners and 3 advance mantras your choice
2 beginners and 3 advance mudras your choice
Contact 50 Hrs Non Contact 50 Hrs Total 100 Hrs Min Hours With Leads 50 Hrs
Communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and boundaries setting/Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting/Teaching and learning styles/Business aspects of teaching yoga (including marketing and legal)
Contact 25 Hrs Non Contact 25 Hrs Total 50 Hrs Min Hours With Leads 25 Hrs
Anatomy and Physiology
Advance Human Anatomy and Physiology and advance Chakras
Contact 10 Hrs Non Contact 5 Hrs Total 15 Hrs Min Hours With Leads 10 Hrs
Advance Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita
Contact 15 Hrs Non Contact 10 Hrs Total 30 Hrs Min Hours With Leads 15 Hrs
School chooses a specialty type of yoga like yin yoga, etc
Contact 100 Hrs Non Contact 0 Hrs Total 100 Hrs Min Hours With Leads 0 Hrs
50 class taught outside classroom post training
Contact 0 Hrs Non Contact 30 Hrs Total 30 Hrs Min Hours With Leads 0 Hrs
Total Contact Hrs: 240 hrs
Total Non Contact Hrs: 260 hrs
Total Hrs: 500 hrs
Min Total Hours With Leads: 200 hrs
Online 500 Program Requirements
- The entire hours of this program can be done online (i.e. non contact hours). To be allowed to register as an online school for this program:
- Schools must meet the overall hour requirements as the in person program requirements above.
- Students need to be tested both in theory (e.g. yoga philosophy, etc) and practice (e.g. the ability to teach class) to demonstrate that they have gained the same level of knowledge and skill that would be obtained if they had taken the program in person, thus schools need to show in their syllabus how they will evaluate theory (e.g. yoga philosophy, etc) and practice (e.g. the ability to teach class) via exams or other form of evaluation.
- All 500 hour program requires a trainer with a ERYT 500 or 500 or equivalents.
- Maximum of 2 trainers per program per location.