Apply & Registered For Free. Our Membership Fees Are The Lowest Of All The Alliances.
These Standards are requirements to become a Registered Yoga School (RYS) that offers a 200-hour program.
Techniques, Training and Practice
Boat/Bridge/Cat-Cow/Chair/Child/Cobra/Corpse/Dolphin/Downward Facing Dog/Eagle/Fish/Happy Baby/Mountain Pose/Plank Pose/Seated Forward Bend/Side Plank Pose/Sphinx Pose/Tree Pose/Triangle Pose/Upward-Facing Dog Pose/Warrior I/Warrior II/ Warrior III
Alternate nostril/Ujji Breath/Belly Breath
Chanting & Mantra
Gyana mudra/Shuni Mudra/Surya Ravi Mudra/Buddhi Mudra/Prana Mudra/Dhyana Mudra/Anjali Mudra
Contact Hrs 55 Non Contact Hrs 60 Min Hours With The Main Leads 30 Total Hrs 115
Communication Skills/Voices/Demonstrating/Learning Styles/Business Of Yoga (must include marketing and legal info)
Contact Hrs 10 Non Contact Hrs 20 Min Hours With The Main Leads 25 Total Hrs 30
Anatomy and Physiology
Human Anatomy and Physiology/Chakras
Contact Hrs: 15 Non Contact Hrs: 10 Min Hours With Leads: 10 Total Hrs: 25
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga
Yoga Sutras/Bhagavad Gita/Yoga Lifestyle Ethics
Contact Hrs 5 Non Contact Hrs 15 Min Hours With Main Leads 10 Total Hrs 20
10 class taught outside classroom post training
Contact Hrs 0 Non Contact Hrs 10 Min Hours With Main Leads 0 Total Hrs 10
Total Contact Hours 85 hrs
Total Non Contact Hours 115 hrs
Min Total Hours With Main Leads 75 hrs
Total Hours 200 hrs
Online 200 Program Requirements
- The entire hours of this program can be done online (i.e. non contact hours). To be allowed to certify as an online school for this program:
- Schools must meet the overall hour requirements as the in person program requirements above.
- Students need to be tested both in theory (e.g. yoga philosophy, etc) and practice (e.g. the ability to teach class) to demonstrate that they have gained the same level of knowledge and skill that would be obtained if they had taken the program in person, thus schools need to show in their syllabus how they will evaluate theory (e.g. yoga philosophy, etc) and practice (e.g. the ability to teach class) via exams or other form of evaluation.
- All leads of a 200 hour program requires a ERYT 200 or 500 or equivalents.
- Maximum of 2 trainers per program per location.
* Read over the requirements and complete a school syllabus
*Fill out an application for free
*Application will be reviewed
*Receive a school registration and registration material and info